Agreement on Collection and Use of Personal Information
Online Business Platform (hereinafter, the "Platform") shall collect the following minimum mandatory information and optional information in the initial sign-up process for sign-up, smooth customer consultation, and provision of various services.
Agreement of Information Subject for Personal Information Protection
- Article 1. Purpose of collection and use: for provision of membership service and customized service
(1) Signing up for platform membership and management
To confirm intention of signing up for membership; to identify and verify individuals for providing membership service; to maintain and manage membership credential; to provide various notice and information; to handle complaints; etc.
(2) Providing goods and services
To provide content; to provide customized service; etc.
(3) Handling complaints
To verify identification of information subject; to contact and notify for fact finding; to notify the outcome of process; etc.
- Article 2. Personal information items to be collected
· Mandatory: name of company, corporate registration number, name of representative, address for place of business, corporate phone number, corporate email, name of point of contact (Korean/English), mobile phone number of point of contact, department and title of point of contact, email of point of contact, business type, participating category, corporate registration certificate
· Optional: introduction of company, corporate logo, introduction of company
- Article 3. Duration for retention and use of personal information
: Upon signing up for the membership to one month after withdrawal from the membership
- Article 4. Disadvantages expected when agreement is refused
: If you refuse to agree to the matters related to collection and use, access to the membership service shall be restricted. However, service provision shall not be refused due to the failure of obtaining optional information.
Personal Information Handling Policy
Unless otherwise specified, this policy shall be applicable to all personal information files handled by Korea Energy Agency (hereinafter, the “Agency”). However, if a separate personal information policy is set and implemented by an executing organization for processing its responsible work, such policy shall be followed.
- Article 5. Purpose, items, retention period, etc. handling personal information
① The purpose, items, and retention period of personal information files handled and held by the platform are as follows:
Purpose : To maintain a system for smooth implementation of program, such as submission of application to participate in the program, provision of information, etc.
Collection Methods : Signing up for membership online
Personal Information Items : Mandatory: name of company, corporate registration number, name of representative, address for place of business, corporate phone number, corporate email, name of point of contact (Korean/English), mobile phone number of point of contact, department and title of point of contact, email of point of contact, business type, participating category, corporate registration certificate
Department and Address Handling Request for Access : Platform operation secretariat
Retention Period : One month from withdrawal of membership
- Article 6. Personal information protection
According to the related laws and regulations, such as “Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, etc.” and decision made by the Agency, efforts shall be made to protect personal information of “information subject.” Regarding protection and use of personal information, relevant laws and personal information handling policy of the “platform” shall be followed.
- Article 7. Provision of personal information to third party
(1) In principle, the platform shall not handle personal information of information subject beyond its original purpose or provide it to any third party. However, in the following cases, personal information can be provided to a third party.
① In the case that a separate information is obtained from the information subject;
② In the case that there are special clauses in laws;
③ In the case that information subject or legal representative is unable to express his/her will or it is not possible to obtain prior consent due to the address unknown, and in the case that it is regarded as urgently necessary for life, body, profit in property of information subject or any third party;
④ In the case that personal information is provided in the form that specific individual is unidentifiable for the purposes of compiling statistics, academic research, etc.;
⑤ In the case that work specified by other laws cannot be performed unless personal information is used other purposes or provided to any third party, and it underwent deliberation and resolution of protection committee;
⑥ In the case that it is necessary to provide to foreign intelligence or international organization to implement treaty and other international agreement;
⑦ In the case that it is necessary for instituting and maintaining prosecution and investigation of crime;
⑧ In the case that it is necessary for proceedings of courts;
⑨ In the case that it is necessary for execution of punishment, preventive custody, and protective disposition; or
⑩ In the case that it is necessary for information protection work, such as verifying irregularities, etc., including but not limited violation of laws and/or violation of this Terms of Service by information subject.
- Article 8. Consignment of personal information handling
(1) The platform consigns handling of personal information as follows:
- Details of consignment
Platform operation : Development and maintenance of system (DB management)
Supporting on- and off-line business meetings : Management of online export platform support project
- Consigned company
Platform operation : ASHER Communication
Supporting on- and off-line business meetings : THEYDAY
(2) In the consignment agreement, compliance to laws and regulations related to personal information, prohibition of providing personal information to any third party, liabilities, etc. shall be clearly specified and such agreement shall be kept.
Also, in the case the consigned company is changed, it shall be informed through personal information handling policy.
- Article 9. Rights of information subject and legal representative and means to executing them
(1) Information subject and legal representative can access to and modify their own registered information and request for withdrawal from the membership.
(2) After identity verification through “member information management (or my page)” for accessing and/or modifying personal information, or by sending an email to “platform management officer” for cancellation of membership (withdrawal of agreement), information subject may request for accessing his/her information, suspending process of personal information, or correcting or deleting (discarding) information if there is any error.
(3) If information subject requests correction for errors in personal information, such personal information shall not be used or provided until the correction is completed.
Also, if incorrect personal information is already provided to any third party, the result of correction shall be notified to the third party without delay, so that correction is processed.
(4) The platform shall handle the personal information withdrawn or deleted by the request of information subject or legal representative (submitting delegation letter specified Annexed Form No. 11 from the Enforcement Regulations of Personal Information Protection Act) in accordance with “Duration for retention and use of personal information” and shall not allow access or use of such information for any other purposes.
(5) Information subject can request for accessing personal information to the below department in accordance with Personal Information Protection Act. After filling out Annexed Form No. 8 from Enforcement Regulations of Personal Information Protection Act, contact to the department in writing, on the phone or via email. Then, request shall be handled without delay.
- Department receiving and handling request for accessing personal information :Online business platform secretariat
- Responsible personnel : Jeong Yong-cheol, Team Leader
- Contact : 02-907-5127
* [Annexed Form No. 8 from Enforcement Regulations of Personal Information Protection Act] Request for Personal Information (Access, Modification and Deletion, Suspension of Handling)
* [Annexed Form No. 11 from Enforcement Regulations of Personal Information Protection Act] Delegation Letter
- Article 10. Safety measures for personal information
The platform comes up with following safety measures to secure safety, so that personal information is not lost, stolen, leaked, altered or damaged in handling personal information of information subjects.
(1) Establishment and implementation of internal management plan
Establishment and implementation of internal management plan of the platform shall be done in accordance with internal management policy of Ministry of the Interior.
(2) Minimum number of personnel handling personal information and their training
Handling personal information on the platform is restricted to the responsible personnel, and separate password is assigned and regularly renewed. Also, through regular training for the responsible personnel, compliance to personal information protection policy is always emphasized.
(3) Restriction of access to personal information
In handling personal information, necessary measures are being taken to restrict access to personal information by giving, changing and discarding privilege to access to database system. By using firewall system, unauthorized access from the outside is controlled.
(4) Encryption of personal information
ID and password of information subject are stored and managed in an encrypted form and only information subject holds this information. Access to and change of personal information is possible only by the information subject who is aware of password. Also, important data is transferred and stored with extra security by encrypting them.
(5) Storing and checking access log
The record of accessing personal information processing system (web log, summary information, etc.) is kept and managed for at least six months to prevent forgery, theft and/or loss. In order to respond to leakage, forgery, damage, etc., access log, etc. is inspected at least once every six months.
(6) Prevention of malicious programs, etc.
GobizKOREA is doing its best to prevent leakage and damage of personal information of members from happening caused by hacking or computer virus.
Also, it controls unauthorized external access by using firewall system. With other systems, it is trying its best to be equipped with all possible technological devices requiring to ensure security.
(7) Physical access control
Personal information system storing personal information has a physical storage space, and access control procedure is established and being operated.
- Article 11. Personal information discarding procedure and methods
In principle, personal information shall be discarded without delay once the purpose of collecting and using such personal information is fulfilled.
Personal information discarding procedure and methods of the platform are as follows:
(1) Discarding procedure
The information entered by information subject to sign up for membership shall be moved to a separate DB (a separate cabinet for information on paper) upon fulfillment of the purpose of such information, and it shall be discarded after three years of storage in accordance with internal policy and other relevant laws and regulations.
Such personal information shall not be used for any other purposes unless it is required by laws.
(2) Discarding methods
Personal information printed on paper shall be discarded by shredding it with shredder or incinerating it. Personal information stored in an electronic form shall be deleted with technological means that cannot restore the record.
- Article 12. Personnel responsible for personal information and contact
The platform designates and operates personal information protection officer to promote protection of citizens’ rights and appropriate implementation of public work by ensuring legitimacy of personal information and appropriateness of procedure. When you identify potential leakage of personal information held by the Korea SMEs and Startups Agency or have concern over violation of rights of information subject, please inform to the following contact.
(1) Personnel responsible for personal information protection
Name: Jeon So-hee
Title/Position: Deputy General Manager
Phone number: 052-920-0302
To ensure that personal information collected in accordance with laws and regulations are used for the purposes of collection and handling, guidance and supervision shall be always maintained.
- Article 13. Change in personal information handling policy
Notice shall be omitted when there is any change due to the change in the number of personal information files. This personal information handling policy shall take effective from 28 Dec. 2020.